Skip to main content

Something To Think About!

I don’t know about you, but I – once in a while, after all is said and done – find myself alone to my reasoning. This is the time when I really come to myself, I mean this is where I start to think...about life. Something like: what’s in store for me in the future? Will I archive all that I dream to archive before I leave this earth? How many years do I have left in this world? When and how will I die? In fact, what if this is my last year on earth? What will happen to those who are dependent on me?

But above all, I ask myself; is there really a God, a heaven, a hell and those things that church fanatics love to scare us about? What if that Bible book is wrong about all this and there is nothing really to worry about? Just religion trying to control our lives – perhaps. But…what if the Bible thing is really true and there is really a Day of Judgment and a burning hell waiting for my soul on the other side? What if I realize too late that indeed all these things were true and I am squandering a precious opportunity to get my life in order?

Well, thanks for pondering that thought. As a Bible teacher, it is my duty to remind you my dear precious friend that yes; your days are numbered on planet earth. You do not know what tomorrow holds, in fact, a 100 people die every minute, every hour it’s 6 000. The numbers rise to 145 thousand every day and by the time we get to a year, more than 54 million humans would have passed away. Death will kill us all! And here is what you must do:

Prepare!
As much as it’s a good thing to have a funeral insurance, it is much better to prepare for your eternal insurance. You do well not to waste this life; all your time and energy chasing worldly pleasures, which will all be left on your grave while you go on to meet the very God you ignored your whole life – unprepared! You say to me: how then shall I seek this God? My Bible tells me that you are fallen in sin because of Adam your grandfather. All your deeds, hidden and open, lies big and small, evil heart thoughts and loose words have all ascended heavenward to grieve the Holy One, the very God who made you. His anger towards your guilty self is already boiling to the lowest hell. But wait! There is good news! The very God who must judge you for all your un-ending wickedness has displayed His loving kindness through His own Son, the same who became sin for your sake so that you can have the perfect righteousness from the Righteous One (2 Cor 5:21). If you will, my friend, run with light speed to the all gracious King today, you shall find pardon; free of charge! Oh, how I pray that you may behold Jesus of Nazareth, hanging on the cross for your sake! Don’t push this off, tomorrow is the devil’s day while today is the day of salvation, now is the appointed time! “Whoever calls on the Name of the LORD”, says the preacher, “will be saved!”

Be thankful
In light of our initial thought about the fleeting moment of this life; it is also helpful to once in a while sit down, and consider, that the good Lord has been gracious to you until this day – in many ways! This I marvel, that no matter how unconcerned I have been about the Lord, His goodness continues to flow. I am neither a rich nor a famous somebody, yet I am certainly satisfied that I sleep in warm blankets and with a full stomach. Oh, friend; is there anything you are thankful for? Fresh air and fresh water, work and leisure, friends and family, yes even life and wellness are all gifts for the Father of goodness who gives without variation. Like all things; gratitude is an art that you must do right to teach your own heart.

Be purposeful
I turn my attention towards those who pride themselves as believers; that is, since we have all been given a limited time on the earth’s surface; we do well to live our lives for our King. And to correctly represent Him in everything we do. Let us run this race well my brethren, behold the finish line is just around the corner. I bet we have all heard the famous cry from the Saviour of souls Himself that the fields are ripe for harvest yet labourers like me and you are still hiding in shadows. Give your short life on the planet a testimony and be busy for your Master. Do something that gives Him glory and contributes to the salvation of His people. Let us not be dogs that do not bark nor silent spectators, but let us run towards the raging battle; for this is where Christ’s glorious victories shall be won. Allow death shadows to approach and find you at work. I leave you to think. Ciao!


Sinothi Ncube 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tithe; The Hidden Truth That You Will Never Be Told

Evangel Africa does not glory in controversies but that everyone may come to the truth of the Gospel as written in Scripture, hence we do encourage everyone to test all our teachings in light of what the Bible says. On that note, without fear or favour, we are going to correctly explain the real truth about tithe that you were never told; its origin and its application to the New Testament believers . This might be the most important thing you will ever read. First, understand this The foundation of all this must begin with your understanding about Covenants. There are two main covenants in the Bible, the Old Covenant and the New Covenant . The Old Covenant was a binding agreement between God and specifically the people of Israel, through strict obedience of the Law in return for God’s blessings (Duet 28:1-14) – while the New Covenant is a binding agreement between God and all people through the work of Jesus on the Cross in return to doing nothing but just faith in Christ (Heb 8:6-13)

Locating the Right Lady for Marriage

I was listening to a local radio station and the topic was about the modern generation of men who are no longer interested in being married. In some sense, I can resonate with that because I remember the frustration I had when I was ready for marriage; there was no one among all the church ladies who was woman enough to deserve my hand of marriage. Why is this so, why does it seem like it is becoming harder for church boys to find suitable partners? Now as a disclaimer, this is a Believers-only discussion, we have no business with what worldly people do in the lust of their flesh. Nonetheless, suppose you were hunting for that dream girl, what characters would you look for? Let’s dig in… Salvation I am sorry, but this is non-negotiable. You can’t and you will not build any sustainable Christian home with an unbeliever. A goat will always be a goat and will by no means cooperate with sheep. As I hinted a few articles ago that the greatest challenge in the church today is that a great ma

Is the Church the New & True Israel?

I know that we have strong opinions about this issue. And also our emotions are quite attached to this conversation; all shaped by our experiences, political affiliations and the like – understandably so. However, my duty is to deal with this question: what does the Bible say? Whenever we start with that question, guaranteed, we are shielded from our biases towards the actual truth of the matter. Believe it or not, this is one of the most important things to learn and to have a clear understanding of. It will affect how you read the Bible. Even more, a clear understanding of this issue will affect your attitude toward Jewish people who are in Israel today. Who is Israel by the way? Believe it or not, there are some who disagree on this question, hence I will just let Paul tell us who an Israelite is when he says, … “For I myself am an Israelite, a descendant of Abraham, a member of the tribe of Benjamin… ”( Rom 11:1 ). Therefore, only the physical, direct descendants of Abraham, Isaac

My Personal Issue With the SDA Church

Indeed I used the word “personal” as the headline of my script, yet the truth is, I have no personal problem with any faith, or church whatsoever. My issue is and will always be a doctrinal one . That is, I begin by looking at Scripture and the truth therein, then use that to judge my own life, and also anything else, including churches and other religions at large. As you might expect, the views expressed in this article are not coming from hear-say, but I have done my homework and consulted the official sources from our brothers in the Seventh Day Adventist Church. These are the concerning issues I have found out. Ellen G White If perhaps you are new to this name, Ellen White is not only the founder of the Seventh- Day movement, but her teachings are also the basis of the entire SDA Church doctrine. Her writings are what the SDA members call “the spirit of prophecy”. It is concerning enough that what she wrote is regarded by the Adventist Church as being “divinely inspired” (on the s